Tuesday, December 9, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Hi y'all.

Boy, has it been busy ever since we returned home from Missouri! Where do I begin?

Jon and I are the Gala Chairs for the Inaugural Covenant Hospital Plainview Foundation Gala. It will be held at the Plainview Country Club on February 28, 2009. It's a great deal of work but for a wonderful cause! We have great plans and I know it will be outstanding!

I've been accepted to two additional Creative Teams. These new designers are so talented and produce such beautiful kits. One, however, is a French Designer. All of the other Creative Team members are French. I am the only American on the Team. It has been so exciting communicating (using a translation software) and getting to know them. They said that they would teach me French if I would teach them English. Maybe when Jon and I travel to France and Italy, we will have friends to visit!

This week and last, I received my packets for dressing children for Christmas. I have 6 children total to buy clothes for. I am planning to go with a friend tomorrow after lunch to complete my shopping. It should be a fun day.

The hospital's Christmas Party is on Saturday evening. I think we will have a great turnout and am looking forward to Jon's speech. He said he's going to spice it up a bit! ha-ha. Hopefully, I will get some pictures to share.

Other than that, the boys have been wonderful and learning so much! I can't believe how smart they are! And boy, do they LOVE Christmas ... the lights that is! I took them around the town looking at lights the other night. All I heard in the backseat was, "Ohhhhh, Ahhhhh!" Then every once in a while, I would hear someone yell out, "Ma!" That's what the boys call me. It is so wonderful to see Christmas from a child's perspective!

God bless you all and Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Autograph Store Charity Fundraising said...

Hi Kimberly,

I would like to help with The Inaugural Covenant Hospital Plainview Foundation Gala. Last year we raised over $250,000 helping charities exceed their fundraising goals by providing silent an live auction items. Please contact me, thanks & Happy Holidays!

--
Anthony Nurse
Director Of Autograph Store Charity Fundraising
370 West Pleasantview Ave. #256
Hackensack, NJ 07601

Phone: 201-840-8777
Fax: 201-840-8778
Email: Anthony@autographstore.com