Friday, February 20, 2009
Just a bruised rib!
Hi everyone! Last week I was playing with the boys when Jonathan kicked me in the ribs. It hurt at first but then went away .... so I thought. The next day, my left rib cage was hurting but there wasn't any bruise. However, I couldn't lift my arm, lay on my side, or pick up the boys. I thought I would give it a week, which I did. Finally, since the pain wasn't subsiding, I decided to go to my doc today and have an x-ray. He feels that I severely bruised the area around the bone but will confirm with the x-rays that it's not broken. He prescribed some pain pills to take the edge off but said that it would be very tender for several weeks. He also stated that if it was broken, he would give me the same treatment ... pain pills. There is nothing they can do for a broken rib. He did suggest I wrap it as well. So, another page for the scrapbook.... my 22 month old twins are ALREADY kicking my butt!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment